Keep up to date with our bi-monthly e-newsletter industry updates for Property Management.
Come along to our FREE Investment Seminars!
Due to recent changes in legislation and real estate market conditions, stresses and risks arising from property investment and management have gone up significantly. We have decided to hold seminars to help investors answer the burning questions they may have on the industry and property ownership.
Hear from speakers on Property Management, Body Corporate Management, Property Law and Financial management of property. For more information follow the links below.
APM Property Investment Seminar – Thursday 15 November 2018, 5.00pm – 7.00pm
Chinese APM Property Investment Seminar – Saturday 24 November 2018, 11.00am – 1.00pm
Please note: All presentations at the Chinese APM Property Investment Seminar will be in Mandarin.
Industry Updates – Have your say
There is still time to have your say to the proposed changes to legislation related to the property management industry.
Reform of the Residential Tenancies Act 1986
- The limit of rent increases to once per year.
- Ending ‘no cause’ tenancy cancellations but still allowing landlords to remove tenants for justifiable criteria.
- Increased notice period for landlords when ending a tenant’s lease from 42 days to 90 days.
- Removing the practice of ‘rent bidding’ for rental properties.
- Better processes to allow tenant and landlords to agree on pets and minor alterations.
Healthy Homes Standards
- Heating – where should heating be located, what minimum indoor temperature should heating devices achieve, should landlords provide heating where portable heaters are insufficient?
- Insulation – whats an appropriate level of insulation for rental homes and how should the condition be assessed?
- Ventilation – what is the appropriate level of ventilation to ensure rental homes have adequate airflow in areas of high moisture?
- Moisture & drainage – are existing laws for rental homes sufficient to protect against moisture and inadequate drainage or could regulations better protect against moisture entering the home?
- Draught stopping – what appropriate methods should landlords take to stop draughts in rental homes?
Making a Difference
Some feel good stories we have recently received in the property management office lately make us feel proud of the work that we do!
- One of our lovely Landlords recently found out their Tenants had just had a baby and subsequently decided to reduce their rent for 6 months! This was totally out of the blue and both Property Manager and Tenant were very grateful.
- Property Manager Bev Saxon recently received a gift from vacating tenants who were grateful for Bev’s help over the last 2 years of their tenancy.
- Our Property Manager Alison Baker received flowers from a happy Owner after Alison organised all the insulation requirements for their multiple properties.
- Property Manager Robyn Wiles received a lovely gift from a happy Owner at the end of our management for the service she had provided them over the years.
Bev and her thankful tenant.
Alison with her beautiful flowers.
On the giving end, we’ve been putting our Make a Difference fund to good use.
- With the passing of a family member, Property Manager Bev Saxon organised for flowers to be sent to one of her tenants on behalf of herself and the company. Our tenant sent an email thanking Bev and mentioning how thoughtful and beautiful the flowers were.
- Leanne Hale organised flowers, food, and a Prezzie card after finding out one of her tenants is going through a tough time.
LPMA NZ Award Results
The LPMA NZ Awards Gala dinner was held early September and we came away with a best in New Zealand, and two New Zealand finalist trophies.
Our queen of all trades Geraldine Markham won her category of Excellence in Corporate Support, star Property Manager Dale Christian was a finalist for New Zealand Property Manager of the Year, and APM was a finalist for New Zealand Property Management Company of the Year.
Thanks to our landlords and tenants for supporting us and helping us to be the company we are today! You can read more about the awards here.