There is light at the end of the tunnel, we are getting there!
As you would be well aware, from 11.59pm Monday 27 April New Zealand will move into Alert Level 3. At Alert Level 3 we will need to be even more vigilant. All of us will need to unite against COVID-19 by sticking to the rules and your bubbles in order to minimise the risk of transmission of COVID-19.
WORKERS AND BUSINESS
Under Alert Level 3 businesses must take health measures to keep their workers safe. At Alert Level 3, everyone must still work from home unless that is not possible. Workplaces can be reopened if the work cannot be done from home and the workplace can operate consistently with public health guidance. However, there cannot be contact with the public.
In Summary for Alert Level 3:
- Workers must work from home if they can.
- Workplaces must operate safely – maintain physical distance between workers, recording who is working together, limiting interaction between groups of workers, disinfecting surfaces, and maintaining high hygiene standards
- Retail and hospitality businesses can only open for delivery and contactless pre-ordered pick up – customers cannot enter stores
- Businesses cannot offer services which involve face-to-face contact or sustained close contact (e.g. hairdressing, massage, house cleaning, or door-to-door salespeople)
- Good hygiene measures like hand washing with soap and water, physical distancing, sneeze and cough etiquette, and wiping down surfaces is the best defence against COVID-19.
For more information about how you may be able to operate please visit: https://www.business.govt.nz/covid-19/workplace-operations-covid-19-alert-levels/#e-21010
A number of organisations are working to support business through this pandemic:
- The government have a central resource for COVID-19 business information with updates ad guidance such as workplace operations, tax, wellbeing etc which you can view more of on their website: https://www.business.govt.nz/covid-19/
- ATEED have put together a range of resources available on their website including business strategies, marketing , finance and cashflow management info: https://www.aucklandnz.com/news/business-resources-during-covid-19
- Manaaki is a free online business advisory set up to offer support from business experts, there are plenty of video interviews, forums to ask questions, and advice:
On 15 April the government announced a further set of tax proposals and changes to help businesses manage the impact of the pandemic. You can read the full announcement here: https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/government-backs-business-through-covid-19
The Ministry of Justice have also provide information and guidance for commercial landlords, tenants, lenders and borrowers (such as how its affecting commercial leases, payments etc) which you can view on their website here: https://www.justice.govt.nz/about/news-and-media/covid-19-news/guidance-for-commercial-property-settlements/
ALERT LEVEL 3 INFORMATION
Please ensure you visit the COVID19 website for more information, below are some helpful website links you may like to visit: https://covid19.govt.nz/alert-system/alert-level-3/
We hope you are staying safe in your bubble and doing okay in what is a tough time for many.
If you have any questions around this, please feel free to contact our Commercial team on the online form below.