The COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic presents us new challenges as we change our behaviour and routines to meet the requirements of the Ministry of Health.
From Wednesday 22 September 2021, in response to government requirements for Alert Level 3, our offices in both Auckland and Waiheke Island will be closed to the public until restrictions allow us to re-open. Our team are all fully equipped to work remotely should you need to contact your Residential, Commercial, or Body Corporate/Residents Society Managers. We will still be here for you should you need us, and we are doing everything we can to minimise the impact on our staff, property owners and tenants.
What does this mean for Residential or Commercial property owners?
- Property inspections/visits will be postponed by your Property Manager until regulations allow us to proceed. You may wish to advise your insurance company of this.
- Only emergency work orders will be actioned for properties. Other general maintenance will be postponed.
- Residential Tenants are able to move house during Alert Level 3 while ensuring physical distancing is met.
- If your residential property is available for rent, your Property Manager will liaise with prospective tenants on how to view the property under current conditions (e.g. video tour or in person viewing with tenant approval and following safety guidelines).
- Your Property Manager will be working remotely but will still be contactable as usual.
What does this mean for Body Corporate owners and meetings?
- You will continue to have direct access to your Manager. You will continue to have access to the APM website and your BC’s private web page.
- Annual levies and special levies will continue to be raised and collected as previously approved by owners. We will continue to pay creditors on your behalf in a timely manner.
- Residents self-isolating must advise the Building Manager (if you have one) or the Body Corporate/Residents Society Manager. We recommend putting a sign to the outside of an apartment door stating self-isolation and contact numbers.
- AGM or Committee Meetings will only be done on-line (video/phone). If you have a meeting scheduled your Body Corporate Manager will be in touch.
- Communal facilities (such as gyms, pools, BBQs etc) will be closed.
- Non-essential services can continue if following COVID-19 protocols e.g. gardening, cleaning, pool servicing but our advice is minimise social contact in common areas in the building.
- In the event of unforeseen damage to the common areas like a burst pipe or roof leak, APM will co-ordinate an appropriate response through the Committee and our Trades network.
- Only urgent maintenance (where health and safety is threatened) is possible at Level 3.
- Mask use is highly recommended anywhere outside of an individuals apartment, and in particular in common areas due to the nature of the Delta variant.
- Moving house is permitted at Level 3 as long as COVID-19 protocols are being adhered to.
If you have questions, please contact your Body Corporate/Resident’s Society Manager.
What does this mean for Residential or Commercial tenants?
- If you need to self-isolate or plan to self-isolate, please contact your Property Manager as soon as possible to let them know. More information on self-isolation can be found on the Ministry of Health website here.
- Please advise Property Managers if someone in the household/business tests positive for COVID-19.
- Property inspections/visits will need to be postponed by your Property Manager.
- If you are a commercial tenant please and are able to operate under Level 3, please ensure you adhere to the COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- Unless there was an emergency or a high priority, maintenance work orders will also be postponed.
- If you are moving house during this time you can move as long as Level 3 requirements are being met (physical distancing of 2m with others). Visit the COVID-19 website here for information if you are moving. Be sure to also have documents on you to show that you are moving house (e.g. a tenancy agreement).
- If you have urgent maintenance, contact your Property Manager via their cellphone, then please leave a voice message and text them immediately. For any other repairs that are needed, please email your Property Manager, or use the Maintenance Manager App, to submit your maintenance request to your Property Manager.
Check out the dedicated Covid-19 website for up to date information: https://covid19.govt.nz/
Should you need support or assistance, we encourage you to visit the COVID-19 website as it has a range of resources available to help.
If you have any concerns about the coronavirus please contact your health professional, or the dedicated health line on 0800 358 5453.
Stay safe, practice physical distancing, wear your mask, scan the QR codes, and we hope you are able to keep in touch (via calling, video chat, group message) with family and friends.
From the team at Auckland Property Management