APM Alert Level 4 Update
The COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic presents us new challenges as we change our behaviour and routines to meet the requirements of the Ministry of Health.
From Wednesday 18 August 2021, in response to government requirements, our offices in both Auckland and Waiheke Island will be closed to the public until restrictions allow us to re-open. Our team are all fully equipped to work remotely should you need to contact your Residential, Commercial, or Body Corporate/Residents Society Managers. We will still be here for you should you need us, and we are doing everything we can to minimise the impact on our staff, property owners and tenants.
What does this mean for Residential or Commercial property owners?
- Property inspections/visits will be postponed by your Property Manager until further notice.
- Only emergency work orders will be actioned for properties. Other general maintenance will be postponed.
- If your residential property is available for rent, our Property Managers may send prospective tenants a video tour instead.
- Your Property Manager will be working remotely but will still be contactable as usual.
What does this mean for Body Corporate owners and meetings?
- You will continue to have direct access to your Manager. You will continue to have access to the APM website and your BC’s private web page.
- Annual levies and special levies will continue to be raised and collected as previously approved by owners. We will continue to pay creditors on your behalf in a timely manner.
- Residents self-isolating must advise the Building Manager (if you have one) or the Body Corporate/Residents Society Manager. We recommend putting a sign to the outside of an apartment door stating self-isolation and contact numbers.
- AGM or Committee Meetings will only be done on-line (video/phone). If you have a meeting scheduled your Body Corporate Manager will be in touch.
- Communal facilities (such as gyms, pools, BBQs etc) will be closed.
- Non-essential services will cease e.g. gardening, pool servicing so our advice is minimise social contact in common areas in the building and use any amenities as little as possible.
- In the event of unforeseen damage to the common areas like a burst pipe or roof leak, APM will co-ordinate an appropriate response through the Committee and our Trades network.
- Only urgent maintenance (where health and safety is threatened) is possible at Level 4.
If you have questions, please contact your Body Corporate/Resident’s Society Manager.
What does this mean for Residential or Commercial tenants?
- If you need to self-isolate or plan to self-isolate, please contact your Property Manager as soon as possible to let them know. More information on self-isolation can be found on the Ministry of Health website here.
- Please advise Property Managers if someone in the household/business tests positive for COVID-19.
- Property inspections/visits will need to be postponed by your Property Manager.
- If you are a commercial tenant please advise your Property Manager as soon as possible if your business qualifies as an essential service.
- Unless there was an emergency or a high priority, maintenance work orders will also be postponed.
- If you have urgent maintenance, contact your Property Manager via their cellphone, then please leave a voice message and text them immediately. For any other repairs that are needed, please email your Property Manager, or use the Maintenance Manager App, to submit your maintenance request to your Property Manager.
Check out the dedicated Covid-19 website for up to date information: https://covid19.govt.nz/
If you have any concerns about the coronavirus please contact your health professional, or the dedicated health line on 0800 358 5453.
Stay safe, practice physical distancing, wear your mask, scan the QR codes, and we hope you are able to keep in touch (via calling, video chat, group message) with family and friends.
From the team at Auckland Property Management