Our Commercial Property Management General Manager, James Bangerter, highlights the services that our new Facilities Manager Deon Thuynsma can provide.
The Commercial division has been approached many times by clients looking for facilities management of their properties and Bodies corporate as they regularly need the service of a building manager or project manager for specialist maintenance works. We therefore felt it was time to offer such management services and we are excited to announce the establishment of our Facilities Management Department, which will be working alongside our Commercial and Body Corporate divisions.
Finding the right Facilities Manager was important to us, we needed someone with the appropriate experience and credentials, a strong health and safety ethos, and customer focused values. We found just the right person in Deon Thuynsma.
Deon has had a long career in Facilities Management, he is very detailed in his approach to everything he does and we have already had great feedback from clients that he has worked with. He has hit the ground running, submitting building management proposals, overseeing large remedial works, securing a large FM contract and dealing with many maintenance issues on a day to day basis.
An important component of facilities management is long term maintenance planning. This is a requirement of a Body Corporate, but is something that owners of commercial buildings sometimes neglect. We saw evidence of this in the last month when Auckland was hit by an unexpected weather bomb and a few commercial buildings experienced roof leaks which could have been prevented if regular preventative maintenance had previously been completed.
Most landlords have gutter cleans and building washes scheduled regularly but roof and other structural checks and maintenance including painting, replacing of tiles, resealing gaps and re-fastening anchors are just a few examples of things that can help prevent costly major repairs. These issues can also be an inconvenience to tenants, cause major disruption and impact a landlord’s investment.
Facilities Management services we can provide include:
- Building site management including overseeing projects for remedials /construction.
- Arranging minor maintenance work and liaising between contractors and the Bodies Corporate on common area maintenance works.
- Identifying defects and maintenance requirements and reporting to relevant parties.
- Meeting onsite with contractors and performing Health and Safety checks/verification and document recording.
- Coordinating and/or managing Building Warrant of Fitness compliance contractors.
- Coordinating the review of Long Term Maintenance Plans.
- Meeting with exterior contractors and overseeing major building works until completion.
If you or someone you know has a large project that needs planning for, a building that needs facilities management, or you need a long term maintenance plan for your property, then please give us a call.
General Manager – Commercial Property
Auckland Property Management
Feel free to contact us about Facilities Management for your property via the contact form below.